Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Workshops and Gathering for OUM Postgraduate Students 2011
The following are the series of workshops and gatherings which have been planned by the Centre of Graduate Studies of OUM for the benefits of all its postgraduate students.
Please click on the image to enlarge it
The next meeting has been scheduled on 27 February 2011 as follows:
Mock QE Presentation by Meenashi (She has recently submitted her research proposal)
Tea break refreshment will be served
“Philosophy of Research” by Associate Professor Dr. Azahari Ismail
2.30 - 4.00
Postgraduate Lab (pre-arranged or impromptu session for academic & administrative issues)
Please take note that the cost per participant is RM20.00.
For those who are interested to attend, please email or SMS Bee Ching at 017-3403968 latest by Friday 25 Feb 2011.
AP Dr. Azhari Ismail of UPM
Details of workshop speaker:
Name of Speaker: Azahari bin Ismail
Position: Assoc. Professor
Qualifications: Dip. Agric. (KPM), B.S. Plant & Protection (Louisiana), M.S. Agric. Ext. (Florida), Ph.D. Policy Studies (Florida State)
Department: Professional Development and Continuing Education
Area of Specialization: Policy Development
Phone: (603) 89468228
A brief introduction about the speaker as provided by Dr Rosmah :
* Associate Professor Dr Azahari Ismail graduated with Diploma in Agriculture from Kolej Pertanian Malaya; B.Sc. in Plant and Protection from Louisiana University; M.Sc. in Agriculture Extension from Florida University; and Ph.D in Policy Studies from Florida State University.
* He has served UPM more than 30 years.
* He has published over 100 papers in journals and proceedings.
* He has facilitated various postgraduate programmes including: Graduate Research Seminar, INTAN PhD Preparatory Course, and Universiti Perlis PhD Preparatory Course.
* He was the Executive Director of Multimedia Technology Enhancement Operations Sdn Bhd (METEOR) which is a consortium of 11 public universities in the country.
The Postgraduate Lab (PG Lab) session is scheduled at 2.30pm to 4.00pm. The session is a pre-arranged session and aims to discuss any issues related to student's research work individually. Dr Abdul Rahman Abdullah and Dr. Rosmah will facilitate the session.
Please confirm your attendance with Dr. Rosmah via email: email@example.com latest by Saturday 26/2/11 if you are keen to join this PG Lab session.